Occupy Madison is honoring our roots and working on ways we can creatively use our assets to support the community by filling gaps to support people in need. Occupy Madison remains open as long as none of our residents are sick but we are exercising the following precautions to protect our family and community members:
- Our store is closed except for online sales.
- We have suspended tours of the village and potlucks.
- Volunteers to care for the plants are welcome at the village unless any resident objects.
- Shop shifts are determined by the individual shop managers, shifts are limited to 4 people. Shifts will be suspended upon request of any resident.
- Spray down toilets and sinks before and after use
- Regularly cleaning door handles and surfaces
- No more than 10 people in the store, shop and public outdoor areas.
- Use Google hangouts for all meetings, in person visits allowed unless or until residents object
- If a resident gets infected by COVID19, the following procedures will be followed:
- Designate a bathroom for people with COVID19
- Plan to bring food to the person who has to stay in their house
- Residents will send Brenda their emergency contacts.
For more information on how we are filling gaps, please see our GMM and Board Meeting notes.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!!! We are currently seeking volunteers for two upcoming projects.
STORE HOURS – The first is that we want to have more regular store hours and we are looking for people to take regular shifts – once or twice a month, or every week. These shifts would be making sure our store is open regular hours. Right now we are looking for 5-8 Tuesday and Thursday and noon – 4 Saturday and Sunday. Other hours may be available if those don’t work for you.
PLANT SALE – We are also looking for volunteers to help with our plant sale. We need help with planting seeds, repotting plants and watering. No need to have a green thumb, we’re work you in to the rotation and show you the ropes!
If you are interested in either of these opportunities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OM Build Volunteers on Facebook.
We have a fiber arts community event in the Village!
If you have a project you want to finish or want to start a new one,
If you have always wanted to learn how to knit or crochet,
If it has been a while and you want to try fiber arts again,
For any fiber reason at all, please join us!
OM Village Fiber Arts Circle
Sunday, January 12, 2020 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
304 N 3rd Street
Madison, WI 53704
Facebook event: Click here
We have changed our monthly potlucks to the same day as the General Membership Meeting which is held the 2nd Sunday of every month at 5 p.m. CST. Feel free to come early if you would like to help set up. Potlucks are open to the public and OM membership is not required.
For the third year, OM Build will have the Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice (WNPJ) Peace Wreath Workshop in the shop. See announcement below.
2017 Peace Wreath announcement
Calendar of all OM events.
Hello from OM Village!
We are currently in need of experienced woodworkers or people familiar with power tools to function as Shop Managers on various days and times.
The Shop Manager ensures safe operation of tools and advises 2 – 6 volunteers on projects. For more information, see Shop Manager Criteria, Shop Manager Responsibilities, Shop Handbook, and Shop Rules. If you are interested in becoming a Shop Manager for one of the 4 shifts, please email us.
We could still use some volunteers to help make items for the Village Store, designing flyers, sewing (items to sell in the store), planning, and numerous other activities. To see current events you can participate in, visit our Meetings and Events page and fill out the form, or send us an email.
Thanks in advance!