At this point, honestly, we have to turn our attention to raising the money to finish the two villages. The renovations and houses are proceeding as quickly as possible. The northsiders have generously donated most of the items that people need to move in. Volunteers have been able to nearly complete 15 houses and can produce 4 houses a week. We hope to have 28 people off the streets by the end of the year, just 3 months after we put in the offer to purchase the property. People keep asking how they can help – these are our preferred methods.We can use help with the following things.
- Sign up to volunteer here. (shifts are added regularly, check back often)
- Donate to our GoFundMe page here. You can also venmo, send a check to 304 N 3rd St. Madison WI 53704 or donate through paypal. Yes, we have 501(c)(3) status.
- Share our GoFundMe page on-line.
- Sign up to become a sustainer – donating a monthly amount of money to help us with ongoing costs.
- Buy products from our on-line store/holiday sale. (check back, more items will be posted.)
- Donated items for the new village can be dropped off Saturday and Sunday 10 – noon at 1901 Aberg Ave. Items we currently are accepting include:
- Bath Towels
- Laundry Soap
- Dish washing liquid, dishwasher soap
- Cleaning sprays, vinegar, bleach and cleaning supplies for bathrooms and showers
- Toilet paper
- Small lamps for in houses
- Small curtains and curtain rods. (32w x 14 H)
- Shower shoes
- Supplies for our woodshop can be dropped off at any time at 304 N 3rd Street. Items we are looking for include:
- Untreated Dimensional Lumber (minimum length 6’) 1×4; 1×6; 2×4 ; 2×6; 2×8; 2×10; 2×12; 4×4
- Plywood (minimum size 4’x4’; please no OSB or Particle Board) 3/8”CDX; ½” CDX; ½” MDO
- Bulls Eye or Kilz Paint Primer
- Hardwoods: Cherry, Walnut, Hickory, Hackberry, Elm, Locust, Ash
- Other (please confirm we can use it before dropping off, we have a small space tp store it in!)
- Volunteer support items can be dropped off at 931 E Main Street (enter on Brearly side of the building, #17 to get in) during scheduled workshifts. Items we need include:
- Bottled water and drinks for the volunteers
- Snacks/food for the volunteers
Upcoming things to watch for:
- A (chilly) garage sale for some items from Wiggies Bar and an opportunity to view the village once the houses are (mostly) in place.
- An on-line auction for larger and unique items from Wiggies Bar
- A grand opening as soon as COVID-19 is over!
- Many smaller fundraisers over the next year as we continue to try to raise an additional $400,000.
- Other frequently asked questions:
- How do I get a tiny home?
One thought on “How can I support the new tiny house village?”
I have a couple rolls of r30 unbacked insulation. Could you use it?