Occupy Madison tiny house village is a cooperatively run, self-governing organization. While the stewardship of the house is free, we expect active participation in our cooperative village, including helping us make money to pay for the costs of the village.
We regret to inform you that at this point we are no longer accepting new residents for our houses, we have more people than houses available. You can still request to be put on the waiting list at email@example.com
If you are interested in a tiny home, email (or have someone email on your behalf) firstname.lastname@example.org. The process will be as follows:
Attend an orientation (Saturday at 4:00 at 1901 Aberg Ave.) Attend two General Membership meetings (Sunday at 6:00 at 1901 Aberg Ave.) Become a member, agree to the community agreement Continue attending General Membership meetings (Sunday at 6:00 at 1901 Aberg Ave.) When your time comes, you will live in the village at 304 N 3rd St for a week (if allowed by the city). While living at the village help build your tiny home or help us with our holiday sale, store sales or other activities Once you move to the new site, continue actively participating in the community and following community rules
How People are Chosen for the Huts
Residence at 1901 Aberg Ave is decided by the membership as follows:
- Members: Attended orientation and become a member, people are considered in the order they have attended orientation and attended meetings to become qualified.
- Level of participation: People who are actively participating in meetings and volunteering will get preference over those who are not.
- People who are sleeping outside or in cars
- People in shelters
- People in hotels
- People living with family or friends
- Are you a pioneer: Are you a good fit for the community, willing to take risks with this project, be a leader, volunteer and have you shown you can abide by the community agreement and city rules.
(Posted on October 12, revised Dec 5)