Donate online or checks can be made out to Occupy Madison Inc and sent to 304 N 3rd St, Madison, WI 53704.
Items we need for our 1901 Aberg Ave and Conestoga style “tinier” houses project:
- Pick Up Truck
- Passenger Van
- 2 cordless electric drills
- Bolt Cutter
- Cordless Jigsaw
- Cordless Circular Saw
- Cordless Screwguns
- Cordless Chopsaw
- Squares, tape measures, staple guns, box cutters, blades, carpenters pencils, etc.
- Sharpies or carpenters pencils
Other items we can use include the following, these items and the tools above could be dropped off at 931 E Main, #17 during work shifts.
- KN95 Masks
- Hand Sanitizer
- Work Gloves
- Bottled Water
We are assessing what we still need in terms of welcome items for the people who will be living in the homes. Those items and others can be dropped off at 1901 Aberg Ave on Saturday Nov. 14 and Sunday, Nov 15 (10 – 4), but we know we will need:
- Laundry Soap & Dryer Sheets
- Dish washing liquid, kitchen towels and sponges/scrubbies
- Cleaning sprays, vinegar, bleach (for showers and bathrooms)
- Toilet paper, paper towels
- KN95 or equivalent masks
We can also always use the following items:
- Untreated Dimensional Lumber (minimum length 6’) 1×4; 1×6; 2×4 ; 2×6; 2×8; 2×10; 2×12; 4×4
- Plywood (minimum size 4’x4’; please no OSB or Particle Board) 3/8”CDX; ½” CDX; ½” MDO
- Bulls Eye or Kilz Paint Primer
- Hardwoods: Cherry, Walnut, Hickory, Hackberry, Elm, Locust, Ash
- Other (please confirm we can use it before dropping off, we have a small space tp store it in!)
Please only items in good condition, we have to take many trips to the dump! And, storage is limited, please contact email@example.com or call in advance 608-305-4707, if you have other donations for people without homes please contact Feeding the State St. Family.)
Make sure to check out our rock star volunteers!